Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cake Jewelry ????


A very dear friend, getting married soon, asked if I could make her Cake Jewelry... jewelry to adorn wedding cakes. Thinking that the stress of her upcoming nuptials may have resulted in (to put it nicely) an overactive imagination, I googled "Cake Jewelry" and was shocked to find out there were 469,000 websites with references to "Cake Jewelry".
The world of Cake Jewelry offers many options to add some bling to the traditional wedding cake. My dear friend, having exquisite taste, set her sites on the creme de la creme of Cake Jewelry options. That's when she called me. After a little online research we acquired some beautiful Swarovski crystals and I started experimenting.

Here are pictures of the Cake Jewelry I made. These seven delicate crystal and twisted-wire sprigs will be carefully inserted through the hydrangea flowers on the top of the cake to give it a little extra pizazz.

No comments: