Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A New Family Member


This is Bryndal. The sweetest dog I've ever met. Due to circumstances beyond any one's control, Bryndal needed a new home. I was lucky to be in the right place at that right time. I've considered bringing a dog into our home for the last 2 years and have searched Petfinder.com and visited local shelters. About 6 months ago I became aware of Muttville, a non-profit organization that rescues and places senior dogs - giving them the opportunity to enjoy their golden years. I was lucky to have the opportunity to meet Bryndal and her owner on Christmas Eve. After our initial visit, I felt confident that Bryndal was the right dog for us. On December 26th, Bryndal came home with us. The hard part of this story is that Bryndal "Bryn" is nine years old and has been diagnosed with cancer. We're not sure how much time we'll have with her, but we're making every day count - which is how life should be lived.

No comments: