Monday, August 30, 2010

Victorian Vesta

I've had these beautiful ocean jasper beads for quite some time now.  It wasn't until I discovered this vintage vesta that I knew just the right use for them.  The original purpose of this intricate, cut-out, open ended vesta was to hold a small box of matches.  It's hard to imagine that something this beautiful was crafted for the simple purpose to hold matches!  This one, singular treasure, is the perfect example of what my jewelry is all about... honoring the beautiful craftsmanship of the past.








The stamping on the bottom is well worn and difficult to read.  It's going to be hard for me to part with this piece, but it will be available at the next Napa Vintage Flea Market, September 25th, 8am - 3pm, 1746 Yajome Street, Napa, CA  94559.
Hope to see you there!

No comments: