Thursday, August 4, 2011

Post Cards from Italy

Rome - inside the Colosseum

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As luck would have it, the beautiful town of Lucca had an Antique Market while I was there!
I wanted EVERYTHING, but I settled for a few small treasures and took pictures of all the great antiques that wouldn't fit into my suitcase...



I brought home some buttons...

and a couple of these beautiful old tins...


I wish this could have come home with me...

This large rug was even more beautiful in person...


A few of these monogrammed ribbons came home with me...

I wish...



In the 16th century the massive walls were built around the city as a means of defense.
They remain intact today and are a distinguishing feature of this charming Tuscan town.


Under the Tuscan Sun....literally!

Walking around Rome...



Strolling through Pisa...

Luckily I wasn't driving...

Buon Appetito!

The beautiful beach in Viareggio...

A path to the Mediterranean...

Ciao!

1 comment:

Jan Ely said...

Wow, beautiful! Thanks for taking me along!